Monday, February 02, 2009

Seven, in my words

sefton : seven

The Illunse word for seven is sefton. Sefton is a last name. Sefton is the name of a metropolitan borough in North West England. Sefton also the name of smaller cities in Zimbabwe and New Zealand.

This word is a mixture of the Old English word for seven which is seofon, and the Latin word for seven which is septem.

Here's a link to my earlier post for Seven, in J.R.R. Tolkien's words. (Despite the misleading web address, this is the correct posting for seven).

Earlier this word was seoten. I've changed this word. My Illunse word for seven is now seton.

1 comment:

Mariska said...

Seoten is not in either of my Finnish-English dictionaries, although they are both small, pocket-sized editions.

Although I do see that seos is mixture, so seoten could very well be blending.