Saturday, January 21, 2012

Moving forward, but stepping backwards first

Deep down I must love complexity. I knew my Illunse plurals were way too complicated.

The good news is that I've figured out what to do about it, how to make my nominative case plurals for nouns simpler. Not simple, but simpler. I've come up with some rules to follow, and irregular nouns won't be allowed. My rules pretty much amount to accepting grammatical gender.

What this means for this blog, though, is revisions. Lots of them. I'll be making numerous small changes. This will affect somewhere between a third and half of my existing nouns, singular forms as well as plurals. Even words I did recently.

Old English and Latin are inflected languages. They are not like Modern English. I want my Illunse grammar to be similar to that of Old English and Latin, but hopefully much more straightforward.

No comments: