Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mountain, in my words + mountains

morg : mountain

The Illunse word for mountain is morg. Morg is a last name. Morg is a masculine first name. Morg is a Marvel Comics fictional supervillain in The Silver Surfer.

This word is a mixture of the Latin word for mountain which is mons, and the Old English word for mountain which is beorg (mountain, hill). Another Old English word for mountain (and hill) is munt.

This is the current word for mountain. I'm repeating this word to show that there are some words I'm not changing, and also to use my picture of a mountain.

Here's a link to my earlier post for Mountain, in J.R.R. Tolkien's words.

morgas : mountains

The Illunse word for mountains (nominative plural) is morgas. Morgas is an uncommon last name. Similar Morgase is the name of the fictional Queen of Andor in The Wheel of Time fantasy book series.

Mountains in Latin is montis. Mountains in Old English is beorgas or muntas.

Guess I didn't post this plural earlier, although it was in my notes.

No comments: