Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ear, in my words (revised) + ears (revised)

eure : ear

The Illunse word for ear is eure. Eure is a last name. Eure is a river and department in the north of France. Eure is the name of a town in North Carolina.

This word is a mixture of the Latin word for ear which is auris, and the Old English word for ear which is éare.

eura : ears

The Illunse word for ears (nominative plural) is eura. Eura is an unusual last name. Eura is a unusual feminine first name. Eura is the name of a city in southwest Finland.

Ears in Latin is auris. Ears in Old English is éaran.

I decided to change this word. Never mind that I just created this word. I thought that I'd rather have a word starting in E. I've been starting too many words for body parts like the Latin words.

Note that I've changed the word for ears from euran to eura.

No comments: