Friday, January 01, 2010

Resolutions for the new year

Happy New Year 2010!

I decided to share with you a couple of my New Year's resolutions. Sometimes I write resolutions, sometimes I don't. Some of my resolutions from previous years make me chuckle later.

1. Write 3,000 words of my novel by the end of January 2010. Just writing matters, not the quality. This word count is about 10-12 pages of manuscript, a mere fraction of NanoWriMo, but I think it would be a realistic challenge for me, as I haven't written much recently.

2. For Illunse, my constructed language, figure out how to make plurals in the nominative case by the end of February 2010. Currently I have nouns, but no plurals. I can tell you the Illunse word for cat, but not the word for cats. This resolution means doing some research on Old English and Latin grammar. Even fantasy languages need grammar.

We'll see how I do on these goals.

No comments: