Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where to from here?

What sort of words should I construct for Illunse, and look up in Tolkien's languages of Quenya and Sindarin?

1. places in a town (house, street, castle, walls)
2. things in a home (door, window, rug, bed)
3. equipment of a warrior (sword, dagger, armor, spear)
4. trees and plants (oak, maple, wheat, flower)
5. interrogatives (where, what, when, who)
6. pronouns (he, she, this, that)
7. parts of the body (head, heart, hand, foot)
8. adjectives (big, small, good, evil)

If any of you readers out there have a preference, let me know. This is your chance to influence the direction of this blog. I'll pick what to do, where to go next, a week from now.

There are currently 142 words, according to the blog's count, in the fantasy language of Illunse, the language which is spoken in the land Illun. I have a list of words, but I can't write simple sentence or form any plurals.

I resolved to look at what to do about those plurals in February. If you haven't guessed by now, plurals in Illunse won't be made by adding a suffix of -s or -es, as in English.

I'll continue constructing words in Illunse, and looking up those words in Tolkien's languages of Quenya and Sindarin. Though probably I won't be posting quite as often. I think I've posted nearly every day this month!

3 comments:

Kendra Logan said...

I think you should do things in a home!

~Kendrabelle

Mariska said...

Perhaps some adjectives. I don't think I've seen too many of those.

illunse said...

Thank you for your input Kendrabelle and Mariska! Anyone else out there?