Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fifty, in my words

fincanig : fifty

The Illunse word for fifty is fincanig. Fincanig is a misspelling of financing.

This word is a mixture of the Old English word for fifty which is fíftig, and the Latin word for fifty which is quinquaginta.

To make my Illunse word for fifty, fincaning, I modified one letter and transposed another. It's not quite the word for five plus the suffix nig. My Illunse word for five is finec.

I think this is enough number words for now. I'll come back to numbers again later.

2 comments:

Kendra Logan said...

I just love reading about how you got your words. It's really interesting!

~Kendra

illunse said...

Thanks! I hope my words are a logical mix of the Old English and the Latin words.

The variations in Illunse numbers are mostly due to the letters I had to work with. I'm trying not to cheat on letters.